"Have all guitar chords been discovered? Most people say 'yes.' I say 'not so fast asshole.'"
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Making Your Mark in the Shade of Poison Trees
Greetings. It's been a long time, and well frankly, it's long overdue. Since my last post, a lot has happened in pop culture and even events in my life. The untimely deaths of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, Ed McMahon, David Carradine and many others come to mind; and it really just is a big loss to the world. Be that as it may, they all have left a legacy to be proud of, and what I really took from it all were lessons about life and passion.
Diderot said it best when he said that, "Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things." I firmly believe that. In the events of their deaths, it only reminds me of how soon life can be taken away at any given moment. And somewhat obligates me to ask questions like, "How am I going to make my mark?"[leaving a legacy]. We have a duty to ourselves to question the meaning of life and for me, right now, the meaning of life is to live it fully with passion.
On a side[ but somewhat related] note, questioning my identity seems to be some type of reoccuring theme in my life at the moment, as I find myself constantly reinventing my views, thoughts, outlooks or, quite plainly-me or my "essence", whatever you wanna call it. This theme of self-discovery seems to be all I've been engrossed with this summer as I'm sure it's a life changing one.
In a summer where I question my predestination, and my fate in this world, I can't help but wonder about "change," and choosing the path to which I'm destined. In the shade of poison trees, I've found who I'm meant to be. And that is someone who changes the world. It is an aspiration that ALL of my ambitions lead me to. All you have to do is follow your heart...
It's late...my thoughts are scrambled...to be continued...I apologize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment